Our site is regularly updated with a variety of vacancies, for current positions or to send us your details for future roles please click on the links to the right.
If you would like to submit a speculative enquiry please email us your CV or alternatively fill in the acdc application form and send it to the address below, where we will place your application on file in the event of a suitable post becoming available.
At acdc we design and manufacture specialist LED lighting systems, revolutionising the lighting world as we go. We work with many of the world’s top lighting designers, and have been fortunate enough to work on several of the world’s most prestigious projects, including the world’s tallest building Burj Tower. And The Royal Atlantis Hotel in Dubai, along with many fantastically visionary clients. Now part of the Zumtobel Group we have massive opportunities to grow our brand globally and this role is a vital part of our vision and growth strategy.
We have a unique culture supported by our values that focus on challenging boundaries, being one amazing team and creating a workplace that makes acdc a great place to work. We are committed to developing all our people, so we recruit the right attitude, aligned with those values, and develop your skills along the way!
acdc are looking for a Compliance Engineer to provide technical guidance and support to all matters relating to global product compliance.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- To be an internal source of expertise for global standards and legislation applicable to the company’s products
- To work with the internal teams during new product development to specify necessary standards and ensure that new products are suitable for approval
- To support the purchasing team in ensuring parts and equipment bought are compliant with applicable regulations and specific contractual requirements
- Working closely with external suppliers and testing organisations to coordinate and manage test programs
- Ensure compliance testing activities run smoothly using effective planning and reporting tools and costs of testing in-line with business needs
- Developing tools and processes that deliver compliance guidance to project teams and the wider organisation
- Technical file management ensuring that all relevant data is correct and satisfies CE, UL, IEC, BIS, RoHS etc
- Act as the main point of contact for certification/approvals for notified bodies and customers and coordinate audits, assessments and design reviews
- Introduce and maintain procedures that ensure robust compliance of legal and contractual obligations
Critical Experience & Competencies
- An excellent understanding of product compliance to international standards including CE, CB, IEC, UL etc
- Previous experience within a product compliance/regulatory role with an understanding of Electrical/Electronic engineering fundamentals
- Set up and perform confidence testing for LED lighting
- Research to keep up to date of current regulatory and contractual requirements
- Analyze test results and prepare product certification files and reports
- Effective communication across multiple departments and external suppliers
- Capable of reading and understanding engineering drawings and specifications
- Strong problem solving and time management skills
- Attention to detail, accurate and disciplined completer-finisher
- Preference degree in Electrical Engineering
Please forward all enquiries and applications to:
Lisa Clarke, HR advisor
acdc Head Office
Tel: +44 (0) 845 862 6423
Fax: +44 (0) 845 862 6401